Tuesday, November 14, 2006
1. It never rains in Southern California? Bullshit. Apparently, it only rains on moving day.
2. When I went to get coffee for the movers and myself, I saw a man walking down the road in shorts and a t-shirt...in the rain...carrying a big red funnel. Huh. He had no gas can. The possibilities are endless.
3. Ruby likes to say that she was happy to get married and have kids so the manicurists could finally stop looking at her with pity. But alas, it's no longer only little Vietnamese ladies who want to know if I'm married and have kids and if not, "Why not?" Now it's the movers, too.
4. Upon arrival at the new house, I found a box the movers had labeled "HELMETS".
5. Here's my new kitchen. I'm very excited. It's big and has about 3 times as much cabinet space as my last kitchen. Unpacking today, I already found some votive candles and a cuisinart ice cream maker I'd completely forgotten about.
6. This is the beach. It's right across the street.
O.K. Maybe the grass is a little greener...
Your new digs are AWESOME!! It could be a shack with a beach like that...but a big beautiful kitchen too?? Niiiiice!
I love the kitchen ... I could do some serious damage to any diet in that kitchen. And across from the beach? Wow.
I can't think of a better place to spend a weekend in Dec./Jan. :) Yay! And I hope unpacking goes well. Oh, and also: a box of helmets? You know we crave pictures. Loves.
And that, my friends, is called thinking ahead.
Also: Soooo jealous of your beachfront (practically) property. Can I come visit??