Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

REASONS I WILL NOT “OFFICIALLY” BE PARTICIPATING IN NaBloPoMo

1. The phrase ends in “PoMo”. To me, the graduate of a small liberal arts school in Massachusetts, “pomo” is short for "post-modernism”. This brings back nightmares of Birkenstock-wearing, patchouli-smelling, get-the-spiders-off-me dancing undergrads arguing about Roland Barthes and Michel Foucault.

2. I don’t want to let anybody down. Let’s be honest. The chances of me following through on any commitment is 50/50 at best. Thus, I will embark on my own HALEODOMo (pronounced Hah-lay-oh-doh-moh) – Hopefully At Least Every Other Day Of (the) Month. (Catchy, don’t you think?) I don’t want to set my goals too high. What was the line from “Hey, Jealousy”? I think it went, “if you don’t expect too much from me, you might not be let down”.

3. Finally, and perhaps most truthfully, I can’t download buttons/banners onto my blog. It is a well established fact that I am an internet retard. Enough said.

Welcome to HALEODOMo. See you tomorrow. Or maybe Friday or something. Call me.

Comments:
I like it, I like it. I, too, set my sights low...I posted about this today as well.
 
Nice. You have just proven yourself infinitely smarter than the rest of us. (Seriously. It's only the second and I'm already about to crack.)
 
Yeah, I hear you. And now that you have associated patchouli with it all I cannot even stand the thought of it.
 
I already feel like quitting. I'm a PoMo wimp. Or something. :) But I keep telling myself that I shall prevail! Or, in a pinch, just take to posting daily pictures, hee.
 
Hi!

Clicked on this link from Nils Ling's site - you're a hoot!

"get-the-spiders-off-me dancing" <----I am still roaring here!! We have these all over town and we've always refered to them as "Swirly Dancers". They have just been given a new name!

Thanks!

sarasue.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?