Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

The Good, The Bad, and The Funny-Looking

This weekend, I spent some time with Tammi Faye and Fun Bobby. See, Fun Bobby is getting ready to deploy yet again – this time, right in the middle of badness. So I took the opportunity to have some fun with some wonderful people and some wonderful dogs.

The day started out with a trip to the park for the puppies. Tammi Faye had found a manmade lake in an unoccupied office park where dogs could swim. Don’t worry – the water has been tested and is very safe. I got some great video. Unfortunately, negative ion girl isn’t sure how to load it onto her computer OR post it. I’ll figure it out eventually. In the meantime, enjoy the stills.

Tammi Faye and the Hounds



Sheba. Hungarian Circus dog hunted to near extinction by gypsies. She knows many tricks but chooses not to do them as this would blow her cover in the witness puptection program.



Buddy. The most awesome puppy ever.



Hooch and Gunnar swimming. Please note that while Gunnar has assumed a hydrodynamic pose, Hooch appears to be trying to run up out of the lake. He still kept up though.



The boys (Fun Bobby and friends) had, meanwhile, gone to a baseball game up north. Drunkney had volunteered to be the designated driver. Let’s just say this was poor planning on everyone’s part. We received a drunken call in the early afternoon to come pick them up in Newport Beach. We road up with a friend and her 7 month old (yeah, good times). Tammi Faye fixed two road sodas (grey goose and Gatorade) which were a bit strong, which brings us to the white-trash moment of our day. We stopped to get gas. I proceeded to remix cocktails in Gatorade bottles – in a gas station parking lot – with a baby in a car seat right next to me. Nothing but class. I know.

We arrived up there and met the boys. I had the pleasure of meeting SweetRob and Miss Frankie. FYI - That is Drunkney's drunken finger in the first photo.





If I could have kidnapped Frankie, I would have. We then proceeded to hit a couple bars in Newport Beach (Mutt Lynch’s, the Beach Ball). Maybe I’ll write about that later.

Suffice it to say, I had a shitty day at work. Remembering that it was still possible to have fun amidst the shit made Saturday well worth it.

Comments:
You are killing me with Doggy-style cuteness. STOP it. And yeah? That sounded sort of dirty huh?

That's just how I roll. Or something.

; )
 
My friend Al has a little baby pug doggy named Bella, too! She is very sweet. Pugs are the best dogs.

I'm sorry I didn't call you back yesterday! I didn't get home until late and couldn't have gone to the Turf because of it. Let's pick a night next week and plan it!!! Things are nutty right now but if I have it on my calendar, I can plan around it.

:-)
 
Pooch Festival! Aw!
 
The Pug is a cutie. But Hooch is HOT!!

Yes, I know. I need to get a life. And, maybe a boyfriend.

:)
 
Um, yeah. Julie, I was mixing up this pug with Bella who I had the pleasure of coveting at your birthday party. This pug is Frankie. Also cute, but leader of a charmed life. Bella is from the streets (or at least the rescue). She has a certain street cred and attitude that other pugs can only covet.
 
Chantel-Don't worry. You don't absolve all claims of having a life until you have an entire conversation with Hooch (while you're taking him on his nightly voiding escapade) about the merits of Balzac's "The Wrong Side of Paris". Not only do I need a boyfriend - I obviously need to get out a bit more.
 
Yea for puppy playtime!!!!!

And some wonder why I have 4 of them.....
 
Oh my God, Ms. Durst. You're cracking me up!!
 
CUTE dogs. I think I'm in love!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?