Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Wish List Wednesday - Inaugural List

So I have this habit of making lists of things I'd like to have or do. Sometimes they are attainable. Sometimes not so much. But it makes me happy...

WISH LIST FOR 31 MAY 06
1. A fez

2. An actual "Dogs Playing Poker" oil painting

3. To find a way to introduce the word "antimacassar" into my daily conversation. Also, to know under what circumstances I might need words that rhyme with antimacassar. Or, better yet, for someone to send me a poem with the word antimacassar in it. (Can you tell I like saying/typing this word?).

4. To own a roller derby team.

5. Delicate ankles.

6. A law requiring all cafes/coffee shops/coffee carts to have a line for REGULAR COFFEE. Nothing is more demoralizing at 6am than to realize that you are standing behind at least 6 different non-fat, extra hot, with whip specialty drink orders.

ADDENDUM 1: Just realized that I spelled it "antimaccasar" all three times. That rocks. Embarrassing problem now fixed.

ADDENDUM 2: Make sure you scroll down to the "Dancing Man" translation of antimacassar. I feel a dance coming on...An suggestions for songs?

Comments:
I wonder how much do antimacassars go for these days?
 
There was a young girl from Vassar,
Who was asked by her English Profassar.
"Is there something you dread
When it touches your head?"
She said, "Yassar, an antimacassar."

(bows)

Thank you very much. I live to fulfill beautiful women's dreams.
 
Wow! Thanks Nilbo! I can't believe I never thought of Vassar. You are really on a roll today between poetry and "pontius pilates" with Sherri.

Next weeks wish list will definitely have a new poetry request...
 
I have "dogs playing poker" checks.

Last week, my dog ate my checkbook.
 
Wow, that's freaky. All my life I have wanted a real Velvet Elvis painting. (the one where there's a tear falling from his eye)

You so GET me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?