Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

My So Called "New" Life - The Text Version

Pictures you asked for, and pictures you will get. Just as soon as I figure out where I packed the camera cord that allows me to download pictures. In the meantime, you'll have to stop over and look at them on the little tiny screen on the back of the camera. Then again, if you were here you could skip the pictures and just look at the real thing.

In the meantime, here is a brief description. The house I moved into is a Victorian which was built in 1897 - rumor has it that it functioned as overflow housing for the Hotel Del Coronado. I have the smaller left side of the house which used to access the main house via a bookcase that swung open (children's wing? servants quarters? secret hideout for Al Capone?). Due to the house's age, there are wonderful little details like a hand carved front door with a large inset of stained glass, high beamed ceilings upstairs, and a claw footed bathtub.

There is a little side porch with a small fenced in area all for Hooch and me. The downstairs is small but the kitchen has lots of cabinets, plenty of counter space, and a gas stove. I love to cook, but, due to an electric stove and NO counter space at the loft, only cooked for big parties for the last year. I am so excited. Everyone has a standing invitation to dinner - you just have to let me know of any dietary restrictions. If they're not life threatening, I'll mock you appropriately. Especially if you've tried to serve me salmon steaks despite knowing me for more than 6 months. Payback's a bitch. The other awesome feature is built in bookshelves...those of you who know me personally know this is HUGE.

More on the structural house later, let's talk location. I am a little over 2 blocks from the beach (just near the main lifeguard station which is currently under construction). It is a very easy walk to dog beach (yea for Hooch!). It is also about 3 blocks to downtown Coronado (aka Orange Avenue) and striking distance of Danny's Palm Bar (Home of "The SLAMBURGER") and McP's (yea for Stampy!) In order to navigate the island without spending too much time sweet-talking the local PD, I purchased a brand spankin' new beach cruiser. it is an Electra Beach Cruiser. It's the red "Betty" model with flames, a leopard print seat and handlebars, and black leather tassles from the grips. Coaster brakes, of course. I'm hell on pedal-driven wheels. Rebel without a clue.

O.K. Now I'm just rambling. It's just that I feel very happy (and relatively calm for me) in the new place. Tomorrow, I'll do my best to find the camera cord and post some pictures before I try to describe Hooch's cuteness with his new toy "Suspicious Chicken". Sleep well.

Comments:
Sounds beautiful! I'm amazed that you haven't done any ranting about how much moving SUCKS ASS. You are the zen master.
 
Ooooooh. Sounds really nice. REALLY nice.
 
Sounds lovely--now find the cord!
 
Man, that sounds like a nice place. And let me tell you, I have an obsession with built in shelves. Best fucking invention, EVER!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?