Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Sleepless In Santa Nella

Day Two of Stampygate continues with no end in sight. How did the defense proceed today? Well, the case started out strong with a bagel and coffee for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Of course, the smoking gun was the smoking Stampy. That's right, I smoked my way down I-5 and right through Northern California. Not a great start for my campaign to become aerobic and fit Stampy again. I tried to go to sleep to just get through this swing (sometimes that works, you know) but the committee was in full force. That's what Ruby calls them - The Committee. Those voices (no I am not hearing real voices) that kick in when you're exhausted and think you're about to go to sleep...

Wow, I'm tired. I should get some sleep.
I don't feel that sleepy.
Did I pay the cable bill?
Did I lock the door?
I'm so forgetful. Maybe I have a brain tumor.
Why didn't I hold the door for that little old lady?
I'm a horrible person.
That's why no one calls.
Did I pay the phone bill?
I'm fat. Am I out of nutella?
Nutella, am I crazy?
Ohmigod, if i'm crazy my parents will be devastated.
Did I forget my father's birthday?
I AM a horrible person. Maybe I should kill myself.
That would devastate my parents and leave them with my student loan bills.
Did I pay my student loan bill? I'll never get a mortgage with my credit.
Fat and bad credit. Maybe I should disappear.
That would devastate my parents. Besides, where would I disappear to?
I'd like to go someplace warm, but I'm too fat to wear a bathing suit.
Oh god, why can't I just go to sleep?
Did I lock the door?...

Shower, rinse, repeat. And repeat, repeat, repeat. Even Ambien can't seem to win this debate.

Please note: Do not panic - no Stampy's were hurt in the making of this committee demonstration. But boy, does it hurt.

Comments:
Ambien is the bomb. It knocks my as oooout. Unless I stay up too long after I take it. Then I act like a maniac and then pass out and remember none of it in the morning. Good stuff. ;)
 
My ass that is. Not my as.
 
Stampy,

I am here if you need to talk or just want to commiserate. I sent you an e-mail the other day...I hope you got it.

-James
 
Happy VD to you Stampy! I'm glad to have you as a part of my daily life!
 
Did you crawl into my head? That's the kind of inner debate I have often :)
Get some sleep!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?