Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Blood, Sweat, and Beers

First, let me start by saying I am a firm believer in the comma before the "and" in a series of things. I know it's up for grabs in the punctuation manuals, but I'm coming down on my side of the debate.

So I'm not sure whether I'm more embarrassed to admit that I missed the beginning of "The Outdoorsmen - Blood, Sweat, and Beers" on Spike TV tonight...or to admit that I watched it at all. Ah-sweep-ay used to say that I was the most stalwart female supporter of Spike TV. After all, they have two hours of CSI every weeknight AND MXC: Most Extreme Challenge. But The Outdoorsmen - I feel like Diane Fosse observing the gorillas. Ladies, I highly recommend it.

Tonight, there was a "Blind Man's Beer" competition. They put two guys in a rope circle with 4 beers randomly scattered around. They then put blackout goggles on the two teammates, spun them around until they were dizzy, and then set them loose to find the beers. Grown men (overgrown in some cases) rolled around in the dirt until they located 4 beers per team. Once the fourth beer was located, they had to chug all four beers. Rules? No puking in the circle. It was a timed competition.

I ask you ladies, why haven't we taken over the world yet?

Comments:
The version of "The Outdoorsmen" on Spike is an abbreviated version for TV. The full version is showing at theaters in select cities like Austin, Arlington VA, and NYC. See bloodsweatandbeersmovie.com for showtimes.
 
Thanks for the news, Christopher. Who knew that 91 minutes of such pure entertainment existed? Unfortunately, that website won't work on my computer. If anyone is interested, you can go to http://outdoorsmen.bside.com and check it out. Unfortunately, it is not coming to a town near me anytime soon. But you can bet your booty I'll be preordering my DVD (available April 2006). Hell, I'm already planning the screening party.
 
If there is any question about what most all men have in common this movie should put and end to the mystery. 99% of the guys I know will watch this and say" We can win this thing!"

I am not talking about drunken colege students, I am talking about 35-40 year old proffesionals. a Military Pilots, buisness owners, an Attorney a Police officer and an accountant!

Men that watch this and laugh with ENVY know what I am talking about.

Ladies,these guys life in all of us somewhere.

MC
 
That is a very good question my friend. Maybe it's because we're too busy rolling our eyes and shrugging at the men of the world. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?