Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Dinner for One - Stampy Style

Let me start by saying that as far as SAD goes, the tanning booth kicks ass. At least it does for me. I woke up this morning without hitting snooze, jammed to AC/DC’s “You Shook Me” (it’s the song I’ve been waking up to on my iPod alarm clock), and breezed through rounds. Got in a good workout at the gym. Then, I pursued my favorite Seattle pastime – browsing at Pike’s Market. Here are the results…

Tomato Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
Leek and Seeded Mustard Mussels
Chateau de la Cantrie Muscadet Sevre et Maine Sur Lie 2004

And here’s the process…

The raw ingredients



Some leeks…



Fresh, flat leaf parsley…



4 pounds of mussels…



Yeah, I know 4 pounds of mussels is a lot. But I’m used to having not so good luck with shellfish survivability. Well, this time I lucked out. Out of over 4 dozen mussels, only 3 were already open or had cracked shells. 2 didn’t open during the cooking process. That left l’il ole me with 4 dozen yummy mollusks to work through.



Rest easy weight watchers – I only made it through 2 dozen and half the tomato salad. I am, however, valiantly working my way through the whole bottle of wine. Waste not…

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?