Monday, December 05, 2005

 

A Moveable Feast

NOTE: THIS POST IS FROM LAST SUNDAY (AS IN 27 NOV). I APOLOGIZE FOR MY TARDINESS. PLEASE REMEMBER I HAVE ONLY SPORADIC ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. THEREFORE, I WILL WRITE AS I GO AND POST WHEN I CAN.

Tonight, I had the best dinner ever. It was the kind of enjoyment of a meal you have when you’re starved (although I had a wonderful big brunch of eggs benedict with a side of French toast and several cups of strong Seattle coffee). My only excuse is that I’ve been eating hospital cafeteria food for days on end.

I walked down to Pike’s Market and stopped at my favorite bar in Seattle – Kells on Post Alley. They pour a perfect pint of Guiness. Then I tracked down a wine store which I remembered from my last trip here with Ah-sweep-ay, Pike and Western Company Wine Merchants. It was just as I remembered it. The staff there are friendly and helpful. I explained that I wanted to learn more about Oregon and Washington wines and they were more than helpful. I bought two bottles and a Riedel red wine glass (the apartment has plastic cups and coffee mugs). Then I headed off to find cheese and bread.

That being said, I dined on Chabrin cheese, ciabatta, steamed edamame with sea salt, and a bottle of Syncline Subduction Red 2004 ( 60% Syrah, 38% Mourvedre, 2% Viognier). Purely sublime.

Comments:
oh my god. After just having eaten a massive portion of collard greens with carrots and pumpkin seeds, I must say edamame and ciabatta sounds SO MUCH better.
 
PS glad to see you figured out the link sitch. I can't beleive you put me in the same exclusive list with Dooce, Amanda and Scotty Gee. It must be my birthday or something - oh wait, that was last week...
 
I just passed out with glee from all of this yumminess. I love that you know how to treat yourself well! I wish more gals had that figured out. (sometimes me included)
 
Hey, when you spend so much time beating yourself up (on the bad days), you've got to treat yourself right (on the good days).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?