Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

The Word for the Day

The word for the day is ONOMATOPOEIA.

Just so no one has to look it up, that is when a word sounds like the sound it represents. Clear as mud? Examples: splash, buzz, kapow (think early Batman TV series).

Another example is THUNK. That is the sound of my heart hitting my stomach. Or BOOM - my head exploding. Bad things continue to happen to good people. I just found out that a friend's husband was killed in Iraq. He was a brave and funny man. She is a phenomenal woman. Together they made me laugh, and I felt like part of the family the first time I went over to their house.

Regardless of whether or not you support the war, please recognize that bad things are happening to good people. And if you can find the time, take a quiet moment and send some happy thoughts towards Oceanside, CA.

Thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?