Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

PET PEEVES

An old Australian friend once told me about a show which I seem to remember was called "Hey, Hey, It's Saturday". The actual title of the show is as unimportant as it is appallingly bad. What is important (and what I do remember) is that they had a recurring skit called "What Cheeses Me Off" in which people would complain about random things. Currently I am on call (again) and vaguely annoyed (I can't find any chocolate hidden in my desk - how could i be so negligent). Therefore this seems like the perfect time to start my very own revival of...

WHAT CHEESES ME OFF

I cannot abid the use of the word "impact" as a verb. I don't care what newer editions of Webster's might say. "Impact" is a noun, people. Keep it that way.

p.s. This is in no way related to the Chuck E. Cheese adventure (as no 2-6 year olds were using "impact" in any conversational form). I will post on kiddie hell tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?